Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberries and Cream color challenge

Hi Everyone!
Here is another challenge for this coming new week at Crafts 4 Eternity that is a color challenge and to use the colors of strawberry and cream! Well I had to think for a minute as to what I wanted to create, I tried working with Design paper, and didn't like anything I came up with so I decided to go sort of simple......Gasp! This is not what I'm used to, I like flowers, glitter, rhinestones and such! but it's O.K. sometime to just go simple:-)
Our Sponsor this week is Delicious Doodles and I used their image called Mushroom Fairy
I got creative a bit here, after coloring my mushroom with Copic markers , I tried to make the spots white with paint, but the red leaked through the white, so I added flat back pearls in two different sizes and then toned them down with my Copic YR31 marker:-)
I worked with red SU CS and a piece of cream american crafts CS, I used my Martha Stewart border punch? not sure what the name of this one is. and made a strip of the red and cream. I topped it off with Paper Trey Ink ribbon. I added stickles to her dress and a little bit of Tattered Angels glam in Tide Pool to her wings! That's about it:-) I am off for the weekend with my Husband house hunting in Orlando Fla.
SUPPLIES
Copic Marker colors: E31, YR31, YR30 (Hair) C1& Stickles (dress) E00, E000 (skin)
BG000 (wings) R39, R29, R27, R24, E40, E41, E42 (Mushroom)
Image: Delicious Doodles- Mushroom Fairy
Ribbon: Paper Trey Ink- Pure Poppy saddle stitched

XMicheleX

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Michele :) I love that you haven't used DP's and the flat back gems are a perfect finish hope you had a good weekend hugs xx

    ReplyDelete